• collecting, storing and using your personal information the service. We may use third parties to provide this service to you on our behalf and may share your personal information with them for this purpose, including our cloud host provider. These third parties will not use your personal information for their own purposes;
• transferring your personal information to and hosting your personal information in data centers within the United States of America;
• de-identifying your personal information (so it no longer identifies you) and providing it in aggregated or non-aggregated form to selected third parties; and
• disclosing your personal information to the extent required by law.
P & E MICROCOMPUTER SYSTEMS, INC.
Last updated April 20, 2023
HOW WE COLLECT INFORMATION AND WHAT WE COLLECT
We collect and store information that you voluntarily provide to us as well as data related to your use of the Services. Below is a more specific list of the personal information we collect and how we use it with your consent. You may be asked additional questions regarding items on this list to ensure we have your consent to collect and use your personal information for specific purposes.
• Registration: When you register for the Service, we collect your personal information as part of the registration process, including but not limited to your name, username, address, telephone number, mobile number, email address, fax number, and other information from which your identity is or may be discernible. We may also collect information in connection with payment of the Services.
• Subscribing to our newsletter: When you subscribe to our newsletter, we collect your personal information as part of the registration process, including but not limited to your name, username, address, telephone number, mobile number, email address, and other information from which your identity is or may be discernible.
• Participating in our online communities: When you participate in our online communities, we may collect information about reviews, feedback, and comments. This may include your name, username, address, telephone number, mobile number, email address, fax number, and other information from which your identity is or may be discernible.
• Contact customer support: This may include your name, username, address, telephone number, mobile number, email address, and other information from which your identity is or may be discernible.
HOW DO WE USE INFORMATION WE COLLECT?
Our primary purpose in collecting information is to provide you the Services. We may use the information you provide to us for other purposes as follows:
• Support the Services: We may use the information you provide us to provide any customer support you request, including troubleshooting problems, and monitor such requests, and to inform you about Service updates
• Improve the Services: We may use the information you provide us to customize, measure, and improve the Services, including through data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey processes.
• Enforce Rights: We may use the information you provide us to enforce your and our rights (including payment for the Services) and protect you against fraud.
• Marketing Purposes: We occasionally may contact you about new product and features. You may remove your name from our mailing lists to stop receiving these emails.
If you have any questions regarding the foregoing, or our privacy practices, you may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The legal bases (or justified reasons) for processing your personal data are: the legitimate interest of business and management purposes, to enter into and manage a contract, to comply with our legal obligations, and your specific and informed consent.
In addition to the uses of personal information above, we may remove the identifiable parts of your information to create de-identified forms (“De-identified Information”). De-identified Information may be compiled with other data in aggregated forms. We use this aggregated or non-aggregated data in the following ways:
• Disclosure for Business Purposes: We may also license, sell or otherwise share De-identified Information with clients, partners, investors and contractors for any purposes related to our business practices.
• Services Improvement: We may use De-identified Information for product improvement including the Service as well as third-parties to evaluate their products or services.
• Research: We may use De-identified Information for marketing or business research.
HOW DO WE SHARE THE INFORMATION WE COLLECT?
We do not sell, rent, trade or otherwise transfer personally identifiable information to third parties who are not affiliates of the Company without your consent to do so. We may, however, disclose personally identifiable information: to our affiliated companies, carriers, third party service providers and/or agents, as reasonably necessary to provide you with the Services you have requested; as required by law or legal process; in response to lawful requests for information by governmental agencies, such as law enforcement authorities, authorized to request such information; to enforce our contractual agreements, including investigation of potential violations thereof; to help detect and prevent potentially illegal acts and violations of our policies and to otherwise protect our interests; to help detect and prevent harm to persons or property or otherwise to protect public safety; to third parties that perform functions on our behalf, including, but not limited to, third parties that host or operate our Services, analyze data, perform email list management services, provide customer service, or provide public relations and marketing services; and to vendors of products and services that are offered through the Services.
We are not limited in our use of non-personal information that does not permit direct association with any specific individual, or non-identifiable aggregate information about our users (such as the number of users on the Services and the geographic distribution of our users). As such, in no way to limit the foregoing, we may share aggregate (non-personally identifiable) information with certain third parties such as advertisers, industry organizations, and prospective affiliates.
We do not enable third parties, except for certain subcontractors of the Company, to collect information directly from users while they interact with Services. Our subcontractors only collect and use information at our direction and only to support the functioning of the Services and to perform analytics. Our subcontractor may not share this information with third parties.
As with any other business, it is possible that in the future we could sell or buy subsidiaries or business units. In any such transaction, as well in the event all or substantially all of our assets are acquired by a third party, personal information of our users will generally be one of the transferred assets. We reserve the right to include your personal information, collected as an asset, in any such transfer to a third party.
Information collected by or sent to us may be stored and processed in any country in which we and our affiliates, subsidiaries, or service providers maintain facilities. We reserve the right to transfer your personal information outside of the country where you reside and/or from which you use our Services. By using our Services you consent to any such transfer of information outside of your country.
HOW LONG IS YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION KEPT BY US?
WHAT ARE COOKIES AND HOW DO WE USE THEM?
HOW DO WE PROTECT YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION?
We follow commercially accepted industry standards to protect the personal information submitted to or collected by us, both during transmission and once we receive it. While we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your personal information, no method of transmission over the internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure and we cannot guarantee its absolute security. In the event of an inadvertent disclosure of your personal information, we will take all commercially reasonable steps to limit and remedy the disclosure as required by the applicable law. In light of the foregoing, your use and access of the Services is at your own risk. If you have any questions about security of our Services, please contact us in the manner set forth under the heading “Contact Us” below.
The Company’s Services are intended for the use of users who are at least 18 years of age. The Services are not directed to persons under the age of 13. We do not knowingly collect or solicit information from, market to or accept services from persons under the age of 13 years old. If we become aware that a person under the age of 13 has provided us with personal information, we will take steps to remove such personal information.
HOW FAR DOES OUR RESPONSIBILITY EXTEND?
HOW CAN YOU ACCESS OR AMEND YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION (RIGHT OF OPT-OUT, ACCESS AND CORRECTION)?
You have the right to view, correct, complete or remove your personal information. Upon and subjection to verification of your identity, we will respond to requests to view, correct, complete or remove your personal information within a reasonable time.
We will make all reasonable efforts to accommodate requests to delete personal information unless it is required by law or for any lawful business purpose, and always will delete any personal information that we are required by applicable law to delete at your request.
You can help us maintain the accuracy of your information by notifying us of any changes to your personal information as soon as possible. Your rights to access, change, or delete your personal information are not absolute. We may deny you such rights when required by law or if the request would likely reveal personal information about a third party.
To request opt-out, review, modification or removal of personal information, you should submit a written request to us at: email@example.com.
CALIFORNIA PRIVACY RIGHTS
California Civil Code Section 1798.83 permits customers who are California residents and who have provided the Company with “personal information” (as that term is defined in Section 1798.83) to request certain information about the disclosure of that information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. If you are a California resident with questions regarding this, please contact us in the manner set forth under the heading “How can you contact us?” below.
HOW CAN YOU CONTACT US?